ZentLaw's commercial transaction attorneys handle all types of business transactions, including sales and procurement matters, purchases and leases of goods, services arrangements, licensing of intangibles, credit and payment processing, as well as commercial real estate leasing and related transactions. We handle all types of sales transactions in various sectors, including education, state and local government sales. Our Commercial Transactions Practice also includes advising our clients on their compliance obligations depending on their vantage point in a transaction, whether that is as a customer, vendor, lessor, or lessee.
Because ZentLaw represents companies that engage in national and international business, we have substantial experience in transactions that involve compliance with the laws of multiple states and countries. Under this practice, ZentLaw offers clients an extensive array of drafting and training services. Our forms have been featured by some of the leading legal industry organizations such as the General Counsel Roundtable and American Corporate Counsel Association. We have developed streamlined formats for template drafting as well as playbooks and training programs that drive efficiency in the handling of commercial transactions within our clients' organizations.
ZentLaw's experience in this area also includes:
- Documentation of sales of tangible property including warranty matters
- Representation of manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors, including structuring of distribution systems, preparation of distributor agreements, preparation of standard forms, warranty matters, and handling troubled contracts with suppliers and customers
- Channel program development and management for clients with channel distribution of products and services
- Negotiation and counseling concerning a wide variety of transactions, from sales and procurement transactions to in-bound and out-bound licensing activity
- Credit transactions of various types, including equipment leases, and commercial loans
- Handling commercial real estate leasing and related transactions
- Payment processing transactions, data security matters and compliance
- Counseling clients in reference to Uniform Commercial Code matters
- Counseling clients in reference to relevant Federal Trade Commission compliance obligations pertaining to business-to-consumer sales activity